Main Article Content
Brenner tumor found in the testis is a rare entity; only six cases have been previously published. The diagnosis of this tumor is challenging to clinicians, academically engaging, and its scarcity lends itself to discussion amongst healthcare providers. We present here the seventh case report of Brenner tumor found incidentally in the testis of a 60-year-old male following orchiectomy for scrotal infection. This tumor is primarily found in the ovary and is theorized to have an embryological origin. Brenner tumor represents a unique diagnostic challenge as there are no characteristic radiographic findings due to a large degree of variation. These cases are academically interesting and a rare challenge to clinicians.
The Medical Research Archives grants authors the right to publish and reproduce the unrevised contribution in whole or in part at any time and in any form for any scholarly non-commercial purpose with the condition that all publications of the contribution include a full citation to the journal as published by the Medical Research Archives.
2. Vechinski TO, Jaeschke WH, Vermund H. Testicular Tumors. American Journal of Roentgenology. 1965;95(2):494–514.
3. Quan J, Jin L, Hu J, He T, Pan X, Ding Y, et al. Brenner tumor of the testis: A case report and review of the literature. Molecular and Clinical Oncology. 2016;6(1):119–21.
4. Caccamo D, Socias M, Truchet C. Malignant Brenner tumor of the testis and epididymis. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1991;115:524–527.
5. Böcker W. WHO classification of breast tumors and tumors of the female genital organs: Pathology and genetics. Verh Dtsch Ges Pathol. 2002;86:116–119
6. Goldman RL. A brenner tumor of the testis. Cancer. 1970;26:853–856.
7. Borah T, Mahanta RK, Bora BD, Saikia S. Brenner tumor of ovary: An incidental finding. Journal of Mid-Life Health. 2011;2(1):40-41. doi:10.4103/0976-7800.83273.
8. Takahama J, Ascher S, Kichikawa K, et al. Borderline Brenner tumor of the ovary: MRI findings. Abdominal Imaging [serial online]. July 2004;29(4):528-530.
9. Moon WJ, Koh BH, Kim SK, Kim YS, Rhim HC, Cho OK, Hahm CK, Byun JY, Cho KS, Kim SH. Brenner tumor of the ovary: CT and MR findings. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2000;24:72–76. doi: 10.1097/00004728-200001000-00015.
10. Stohr, G : The relationship of Brenner tumor to the rete ovarii. Amer. J. Obstet. Gynec. 1956;72:389-399.
11. Berg, T., and Borglin, N.E.: Brenner tumors- histogenetic and clinical studies. Cancer 1967;20:308-318.